Lavender Heart Biscuits
I’m lucky enough to live near the beautiful lavender fields in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. Flowering season is from mid June until the end of August and well worth a visit if you get chance (www.hitchinlavender.com).
The entry fee to the fields includes picking so provides a great opportunity to pick some gorgeous scented lavender for use in this biscuit recipe.
Culinary lavender will keep for a year if stored in a cool, dry place (sometimes longer although the flavour will weaken over time).
- 150g plain flour
- 100g margarine or butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender heads
- Add the flour, sugar and margarine to a bowl and mix
- Use your hands to form a dough
- Add the lavender heads and knead into a ball
- Wrap the ball in cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour
- Roll the mix out on to a floured surface and cut shapes with a cookie cutter
- Place biscuits on a tray that has been lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 mins at 200 degrees
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool