These coconut cookies are super quick and easy to make, so perfect to do with the kids.
1) Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2) Add the egg and mix well
3) Add the flour and half the coconut and mix
4) Form the dough into small balls and roll in the remaining coconut
5) Flatten each ball slightly and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. The cookies will spread quite a bit so leave at least 5cm between each cookie.
6) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 10 minutes or until a light golden colour
7) Transfer to a wire rack to cool